- Better understand the user experience before making design and strategic decisions.
- Provide your organization with a clear roadmap of where it should invest its energies—and where it shouldn’t.
- Be confident about your design decisions by grounding them in research data.
- Make your limited budget and time go further.
- Derive an information architecture from users’ tasks that will last 10 years.
- Get everyone—from discordant team members to busy executives—on the same page with respect to design and strategy.
Aligning design strategy with human behavior. By Indi Young. Rosenfeld Media, 2008.