Zondag 9 december – Post van Kate Raworth op LinkedIn: How can universities teach more students more about climate change?
‘Based on the many examples shared with us, we have drawn up five broad approaches, ranging from narrow to broad in scope.
- Focused Degree Programmes: degree programmes focused specifically on teaching the complex problems and solutions to climate change.
- Focused Researched Centres: research dedicated to understanding and solving the complex problems the world faces as a result of climate change.
- Optional Modules and Extra Qualifications: additional learning which can be taken by both students and staff, to understand climate change.
- University-wide Integrated Initiatives: integrating climate change awareness in teaching across the whole higher education institute, reaching various disciplines and departments.
- Trans-university Integrated Initiatives: externally led integration of climate change awareness into university teaching, and collaboration between universities.’